Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Load sharing to reduce total load??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jmanson's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm doing a renovation to an exsiting 2500 sq ft house with gas heat (and water). It has an existing 100 amp service that would be difficult to upgrade to 200 amp, although it could be done.

    I have an electric hot tub (35 amps?), and I'd like to add an attached workshop with gas heat. Might want to add a suite as well, but I'd probably go with a gas stove. Looks like I can stay under 100 amps if I do some creative load sharing - say putting in a device which doesn't allow the electric range and hot tub to come one at the same time. Are these devices allowed under the code (BC), and do I get to reduce the demand by the lower load of the two in calculating service size??

    John

  2. #2
    Inactive Member watts45's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 1st, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would update that 100 amp service to a 200 amp in that big a house.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •